Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Gold Coast

Thrilled and excited since the day we executed our bookings, four of us made our way to Gold Coast during the March Holidays. It was a trip that I enjoyed tremendously. Wacky rides that I screamed my lungs out the whole ride and almost pissed in my pants to playing on miles and miles of never ending beaches like when I was a kid. Never before I had consumed so much alcohol simultaneously for 4 nights in my life. Let's just say, 1 to 2 bottles of beer (5-7% alcohol) could easily make my face blossom into a red peach, but that was the limit. Further more, I would have wondered off into boundaries that I wish I would not have crossed- again. I know I'm a puny drinker, but what can I do?

Gold Coast
It really is paradise. White sandy beaches and blue ocean waters- a flawless picture if you could imagine. I felt immediately relaxed when I arrived there. It is just so beautiful that I wish I was there forever and not need to worry about anything else this world had to offer. No need to elaborate more, go there and see for yourself. I'm speechless...

Tap water
Tap water in Queensland definitely taste funny probably straight from the river Darling. When I first drank out of the tap from the apartment in Gold Coast, I was worried it was not safe to consume. After talking to the receptionist, a sigh of relieve. But then again, I didn't like the taste of it and therefore consequence in a series of slight sore throats and yellow pee.

Public Transport
Reliable and the cheapest way to travel around. I often find myself studying time tables and route maps of buses and trains hoping that we would not get lost on our way...

Brisbane Excursion
Not exactly in the itinerary when we planned the trip to Gold Coast. But because one of my cousins is there, I planned to visit her for a night. But I knew deep down that one night would not be enough, and so two nights it was. We had a great time together wandering around the city and getting lost on the way to the FREE museum. How cheap skate are we?
My friends had other plans at Brisbane while I was with my cousin.

Brisbane City
I find Brisbane somehow unique. (Chinatown really looks like Chinatown, it had a pagoda and even a Koi fish pond) Its 1 hour train ride away from Gold Coast and one could easily head down to paradise beach on the weekends and we're allowed to purchase public transport tickets at concession prices if you're a student! I love it. Strategically located and cheap to go around. Not to mention, you're able to take a train from the airport to any train station across Brisbane, vice-versa, but of course- you have to pay. It's at least much cheaper than taking a cab! Something I dislike about it is that if you would be travelling around, you would spend at least a quarter of your time waiting for a bus to arrive. That bites!

Lost
On the way back to our apartment from the train station after the Brisbane excursion. Maybe I hadn't put enough effort in my bus route studies or was it just bad luck. We boarded the No.22 bus to Pacific Fair and changed bus to the No.1 and it was getting dark. Confusing as it got and judging by the bus route map on the brochure, No.1 should take us to the bus stop right in front of our apartment. But later we have found out, it did 'pass' by our apartment but at the nearest bus stop 3 blocks away, we thought of getting off but we had luggage to carry. So then the route brought us further and father into the darkness of the outskirts till it was the end of the line. 4 of us, baffled, scrutinized the map and later found out; No.22 was actually the right bus which would have taken us to the bus stop in front of our apartment. Bummer!

Movie World
We took the bus marked X in the morning. Rode on almost all the adult rides, except for one. Superman Escape. It was a roller coaster which stood out from the rest. Had a great time! But I didn't have the guts to ride it so as the others. Looking at it brought me to a nauseous state. It would be a ride for another day when I'm able to summon the courage. WUSS!

I know this post doesn't reflect much of my March holidays, but I wish not to say more. A simple conclusion. I enjoyed so much that I wish I could go back in time and enjoyed it once more.

Pictures are posted at my old stale 'blogspot' because of Blogger's unreliable photo upload server.
Pictures of Gold Coast are posted at http://www.zorpia.com/cgi/album.cgi?429630
Pictures of Brisbane thanks to Jamie's camera at http://www.zorpia.com/cgi/album.cgi?429630

The reason why I changed to blogger because I didn't want anonymous readers over the internet reading my blog entries. I like to keep them to my circle of friends and family.

1 comment:

Siah Tiong Hong said...

Great post dude... Like the photos :) Good job and keep it up!