Well, basically, I am suppose to finish up my presentation today as planned. But instead, it turned out to be a day of just going out and playing Jenga for the night. ( I so sorry I didn't keep my words. ) I woke up at 1030am which was rather early for a WEEKEND and went down for breakfast. After breakfast, I told my group of friends who were going to the library to study to give me a call when they felt hungry for lunch and I headed back to my room to continue on working on my presentation. After an hour or so, Ezra gave me a call and asked if I would like to follow him and scout around for Birthday Boy's football jersey, and I agreed. So I got ready and waited for his call to confirm a place to meet up.
So there was it, I found myself walking out of the hostel and meeting up with Ezra. We scouted around and bought a football jersey for the birthday boy. After that, we headed to noodle bar and had lunch. It was around 2pm when we finished our lunch and so we headed over to David Jones to buy a birthday card. My group of friends were still at the library studying and we went there to look for them. We hanged around at the library for awhile and headed out for lunch,- for me, lunch again. Haha.
After the second round of lunch, we all went to Melbourne Central because some of my friends had stuff to get. So after much procrastination, some of us headed back to the hostel while the others went back to the library to retrieve their belongings from the hired lockers. Ezra and I played cards to past the time to wait for Birthday boy's arrival. I was supposedly to have dinner with birthday boy and the rest of his invited 'junkies' and later go drinking at some lounge bar. But after spending so much liquid, I decided not to join birthday boy's finale. And instead eat in at the hostel's cafe and continue on with my work. I felt really guilty not going to birthday boy's drinking party but at the same time I didn't want to jeopardize my studies here and put myself at risk of being caught entering a bar underaged. So I joined my other group of friends who were eating in because they were not that close with birthday boy.
After dinner, we sat down infront of the reception because one of my friends had a magic trick to show us which I found it rather fascinating. We were chilling out when the supervisor at the reception asked us if we were interested in playing some board games, so she told us some of the board games we were able to hire for free. Monopoly, Jenga, Scrabble.... etc. JENGA? So yeah, we decided to play Jenga. ( Those of you who don't know what Jenga is, is something like Uno Stacko. Where you stack up little rectangular blocks into a tower and you have to pull one block out and place it on top of the tower. Whoever makes the tower fall, you lose. ) There were two types of Jenga, the plain old classic or the one with truth and dare written on the blocks. ( How does the one with truth and dare works I hear you say?, well, when you try your best not to make the tower fall while you carefully remove a block which you think is safe, and if the tower falls, the block which you took either would have a truth, dare or a 'neutral' block written on it, and of course, you would have to do what ever the block tells you to. )
We decided to play the one with truth and dare as it would make things more interesting. And so the 6 of us headed to the common room,2 girls and 4 boys. The other 2 boys played pool, and later they joined in the fun. As the game progressed, we made up some rules, who ever took a 'neutral' block and the tower falls, the others would decide what punishment to give. It could be anything. *laughs*
Well, the dares and truths were all so funny. There were truths where you would have to guess a persons dream and nightmare date. And there were dares you had to do belly dances, sing a song and kiss somebody in a room. Those were the dares and truths that some of us had to do. For those who are curious what happened to the unfortunate soul who had to 'kiss somebody in a room'. There were no french kissing but just a kiss on the hand by a girl to a girl. So it was full of fun when one of my friends said he wanted to finish up the game because he wanted to do his homework. So we set a rule, who ever makes the tower fall would have to do two truth or dare, a additional random picking from the pile of blocks with the eyes closed and the block which caused the tower to collapse.
We all agreed.
And the game commenced, as I drew a block out with my greatest care, the whole tower collapsed. Shit. My block wrote "say A-Z backwards". But that was not all of it, I had to close my eyes and randomly choose a block from the fallen pile. I closed my eyes hoping I wouldn't get somthing stupid....
Aha! I opened my eyes and saw I was holding a neutral block! more shit fell on me. Now the gang had to decide what forfeit I had to do as I headed to toilet to relief myself.
I heard a discussion of laughter and giggles as I approached them.
"So what's my forfeit?"
"You would have to go to the 2nd floor, knock on a random door and sing a song and say I love you."
(2nd floor is the girl's level)
" Serious? or you guys are just kidding."
" We are serious, but you cannot knock on a emergency exit door, toilet door and the supervisor's door."
" Okay, I will do it."
Knowing that some rooms were empty, I quickly ran up. On the way up, one of my friends then add in another rule.
" But you cannot knock on a door that has nobody in it."
" Oh common! you told me I could knock on any door, and you told me that I'm not allowed to knock on emergency exits, toilet doors and the supervisors room man."
" ahh fine, I will still do it"
I ran up to a random room knowing nobody was in it and knock on the door. Obviously, there was no one.
" See? nobody is in. So the forfeit is over."
" No!, you must at least do something. And to make the forfeit more interesting, cover your eyes and we will bring you around. You would tell us to stop and tell us right or left and you would have to knock on the door which you choose. Cover your eyes with your cap."
I did so. But I could see the floor and I could judge where they were taking me. They turned me around and around and walked me to the corner of the level where one of the girl's room door was open.
" Okay, choose a room now, left of right."
" Neither."
They then walked me a few doors down.
" Left or right?"
" Neither, I want to go there. "
I turned around and walked back where I knew some rooms where again, empty. I put my cap back on because they figured out I could see where I was going. So they still insisted to pick a room. I walked passed a room and gave a hard knock and ran for an attempt to escape. But to no avail. I was caught and bounded down by few of my friends. As I was walking along the corridor deciding which room to knock on, one of my friend randomly knocked on a door and got hold of me real tight. I couldn't run. My friend explained what was going on to the girl...
...I sang two sentence and said I love you. The poor girl had to keep up with my procrastination and loads of bullshit of not knowing any love songs, etc. While the fellas where laughing and giving me encouragement, 'way to go guys'. There it went, my forfeit. All our truths and dares were recorded on camera.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
*ROFL*
clara
Post a Comment