G’day, I’m sure all of you are doing great. Three cheers!
I’m baffled. Now where do I start? I’ll just blog down whatever that I can recall.
The past two weeks have been rather misplaced. The ongoing problems that one has to face in order to survive; budgeting, decision making, desirables, getting the internet done, assignments, socializing and the list IS endless… and let me tell you. Life ain’t easy if you have to do everything yourself. To those in hope that my presence will become a reality in August in the place I deem paradise, I’m sorry for the false hope. Unfortunately I’m not on bail for this cause. My father wants me to be prudent. In other words, start to live a life and face reality. Unless under certain circumstances only would he bail me out.
Compadres down south, the opportunity that seemed bright is now darken by the rain clouds. Not unless I buy my own umbrella and brace the rain, I would never walk drenched in rain water. The next probable sunny days would be mid October, until then, it’s all rain ahead of me.
I’m thinking of getting a part-time even before my work permit arrives. Cash on hand baby. I’ve came across an Asian grocery in the city hiring workers. I should pass my resume to allow them to ponder if I am of any use to them. Wish me luck people. I have been fantasizing of working in a grocery shop since the age of 16. I don’t know how this fantasy came to me. But I do sure hope it will come true one day. If you haven’t been noticing, the Australian currency exchange is rising. But my guts tell me it wouldn’t last.
My flat mate is moving in this Saturday. Looks like my privacy bubble has to be reduced, I can no longer be habitual to my surroundings. The good news, I don’t have to bug my father for allowance until November. Her rent payment will be my source of allowance, hopefully I would be able to drop a few pennies in the piggy bank and channel the funds towards the much needed umbrella in October.
For the past few nights, I have been craving for coke. I guess they have drugged each and every bottle available on the surface of this planet. I was winning the fight against my cravings, unfortunately tonight, I have lost the battle. Whilst I was cooking my dinner, I was tempted to leave the meat to sizzle on the pan with the lowest heat available on the stove, and run to the supermarket to grab a bottle of coke. However, my senses overpowered my cravings temporarily. After my meal was cooked, I left it on the pan and sped off to get a bottle of coke, only to return with a taste of satisfaction. Same went for the BBQ party with my cousin and friends by the river, when I opened a can of coke. I could just feel myself in cloud nine. Better than alcohol.
Much of the emptiness during lonely times has been duped by the relaxants found in green tea. I love sipping tea. Every night I have been drinking tea. However, I believe in moderation. Also to thank the uni for their much appreciated wireless network. Whenever I’m going to connect online via leeching off the school wireless network from home, I would make myself a pot of tea. Testing my patience and tolerance on the much hope I have at getting a stable connection for at least 10 minutes. Whenever I feel frustrated, I would sip my cup of tea. Proceeding, I would patiently wait for the wireless to get connected. I drink another sip and hold my breath hoping it would stay connected for some time. Whenever a page connects, I sip. Whenever I successfully send out an email, I sip. Whenever it disconnects, I sip… In the end, I finish a pot full of tea and prepare myself to go to bed. Forbid the thought of blessings for luck, ever. On some nights, I’m blessed with a stable connection. This would hopefully soon be over when my wireless modem arrives at the end of this or early next week. By the end of next week, a tea plantation somewhere in Sri Lanka would lose a major customer, and they aren’t going to be a bunch of hippy happy tea growers.
Shamefully, I am still in disbelieve my parents are granting me a ticket home during my two week summer break at the end of the year. My mother has been corresponding with me regarding my holiday dates. However, I am still doubtful. Only time can tell when I receive an email from my mother regarding this matter, otherwise, I shall update you some time in the future.
I have received my package from World Vision Malaysia one week ago. The child I’m currently sponsoring is from Pingquan, Hebei Province, China. He is 5 years old. His parents are farmers. Basically, the main aim of world vision is to create sustainable economies for communities struck by poverty. Building wells, schools, educating locals, sustainable farming methods, etc. Not just sponsoring a child. Nonetheless, it feels great to know that you have impacted somebody’s life on this planet; one day hopefully that boy would break free from the poverty ring. Though, his future remains unknown. Never know he might be a drug lord or thug on the streets of Beijing some day.
Finally I see a light at the end of the tunnel. For me, it seemed so dimmed not long ago, now that the internet fiasco with Telstra has been solved – hopefully, and things that should be on track are on track. I can finally reside into the comforts of living. Also many thanks to all of you for corresponding throughout the times when I am lost in transition, you guys were the life line of bonding since we departed into the lives of grown up scholars. Your acquaintance has now grown into mutual friendship from the day we first met. And you know who you are. Also thanks to my Dear for being so understanding, without you by my side. I would never know the directions. Stay strong.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment