First week of holidays are coming to an end. Nonetheless, it has been rather hectic. With work immediate shoved on the next day after I finished my exams. I didn't really have a proper sleep in until Wednesday. Thursdays and Fridays morning till afternoon are occupied with mentor training sessions. So basically speaking, I only had the chance to actually 'chill out' the whole day on Wednesday. Tomorrow, Sunday and Monday I have work too, but thankfully it's not 7 in the morning. I can at least have some good rest.
Results were out yesterday, hurray, dream came true. All my final grades for each subject was a 6. Now that dream the other day was true then. Heh. =) Unbelievable, wasn't expecting to get all those top grades. Rather,I have been doing last minutes studies and I tried my best during the exams, time management for studying was like a tangled piece of string, yet some how, it works fine for me. Doing things last minute. I'm going to correct my study methods next semester. It really worries me if I were to continue on studying that way.
Next week, I will have another mentor training session on Tuesday, then orientation for the new intake begins on a Wednesday, Thursday and ends on a Friday. Save me heaps on lunches. I get free lunch.
Work has been rather fast pace once it's rush hour time. Last three shifts I did the same thing, I woke up at 530am, eat breakfast and get ready and catch the bus at 630am. Arrive at the Cultural Center at 6.45am. Then walk to Subway which is about 10 minutes away from the busway. Take my apron out, put my cap on. Wash my hands, put on some gloves, sign in and start mise en place. Preparing the various salads and choices available on the menu. First two days, I prepared the breads, terriyaki chicken and chicken strips and did some washing up. Third day, I prepared the salads with this super slicer, slice slice slice! and the tomatoes, cucumber, capsicum and onions are sliced to pieces. I was told to be faster in preparing the salads after I finished them up. Oh well, I was having fun with with the slicer!
First day serving customers was a giant leap from my previous job, my previous job was just to sit at the desk and finish off the task without the need for communication. While at Subway, its all about customer service, I was nervous and anxious at the same time, I didn't really know how to prepare the sandwiches. I wasn't accustomed to the menu, so when the customer went...
"May I have a 6 inch, Italian herbs on cheese with chicken fillet please..."
I was like, shit? What the hell? How many slices of fillet? It was just like throwing you in the water immediately before teaching you how to swim. I was so drowned. So I had to take it really really easy and listen to instructions on how things should be prepared and done. How many slices of ham and cheese should go on the breads. It was challenging. Constantly looking at the little preparation instructions stuck on the bain-marie. I was really slow.
Second day I was a little bit better, a little faster at wrapping up the Subs and making sandwiches, though I didn't really know what should or shouldn't not go into the microwave. One instance was when the customer ordered a Ham with Bacon. I put all the ham and bacon on the breads, then I looked to the customer and asked, "Would you like some cheese on it?" He then said, "May I have the bacon microwaved please."
Oh man, how stupid. Oh well, that's how you learn anyways.
Third day, I faired better. Not so many mistakes. The only mistakes I made was once I wrapped up the Subs, I couldn't remember what was in it. So the cashier had to ask the customer. It's not really my fault actually, the person who made the sandwich just gave it to me and told me to wrap it up. And so I did. After a few shrugs and head shaking, the cashier finally told us off nicely, "hey guys, could you please write down whats in the sub" So yeah, after that, I asked the one making sandwich and took a look at the Subs and wrote down whats in it after I wrapped it. It's just for customer satisfaction I'd say. Cuz it would annoy the customer if the cashier didn't know what the customer ordered.
Most of the time during rush hours, I would be doing the salads, adding the sauce and wrapping the sub up to pass it on the cashier. I'm a trainee after all. So thats basically what I did for my three shifts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
good work morgs, keep at it! GANBATTE! reminds me of my first day at banquet at the parkroyal hotel singapore.
Must make a mental note, never stay in Parkroyal Hotel Singapore........
Good job MOrgy!!!!!!!!!!!!
Savannah
punk bitch, when i was there the manager of banquet services commented me that the alcohol sales shot up!! because i kept topping up the glasses of all the guests as soon as they were done! and the host of the weddings/company d&d's had to order more liquor for their guests so as to avoid losing face!!
Post a Comment