Ever thought that why you are such in a bad spot when things happen? and WHY on earth must it be you. Is it because of action and reaction? the things you have done and resulted in the painful consequences. For example, living with a weird flatmate which doesn't give a tad of two about his inhabited surroundings, is this fated or coincidence? sure it could be what I asked for in the first place, since I accepted him as my flatmate. Nonetheless, after experiencing staying with a China fella, yeah they are mongrels, dirty, dirty mongrels. I was warned not to accept/stay with Chinese fellas from China, but all warnings fell on death ears and now I have to face the consequences - of bearing with him till he screws up and in turn will give me a damn good valid reason to get rid of him.
Anyhoo, it's a good first hand experience. HE ain't that bad. But he is just pure psycho. More elaboration for next time...
Anyway,yesterday I was on the till again. Out of my 3 times experience on the till, I screwed up 2/3 times. 1st time was 10 dollars under, second time was 50 dollars under. But my suspicion is that either we had added an extra 50 dollars to the safe drops or the bank short changed us. It's not possible that I could have given the customers extra 50 bucks on change throughout the time I was on the till. Or could it be?
I felt really bad though if it was under 50 dollars and the money some how slipped out of the rightful owners. I was thinking over and over again, should I call up my boss and tell him that if he couldn't find the 50 dollars, I'm more than happy for him to deduct 50 dollars out of my wage? I'm still contemplating... will ask him tonight if I see him.
One thing I learned about handling money that it's not a game. Money is money. People die for or because of money. However, I learnt not to assume I am giving the right change. The next time I'm on the till again, (if my boss gives me another chance) I would lay the money on the counter if the change is more than 10 dollars.
More on this week, yeah I know how Brendan (Pillai) felt when once you thought that person was so close with you. Only to realise that he/she doesn't care as much anymore. The brother-sisterhood no longer exist. The expectations and all is just appalling from that particular person. I was really mad for the first 10-20 minutes thinking of all sorts of things to seek revenge and thinking about all the things I have done for that person. Did he/she took it for granted? After all the things I have done for him/her? All these questions were repeatedly circling and racing through my mind. My friend told me just to forget that he/she is my friend and does not exist. That made me feel a little bit better. But after awhile I couldn't stand it anymore. I called him/her and had a small chat. But after that call, yeah things ain't gonna be the same anymore I thought. Just forget about it and move on.
But after much thought (after 5 minutes or so), I decided to forgive and forget about the whole incident. I remembered a verse from the bible about forgiving. Here it is,
Luke 6:35
"But love you enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful."
There is a similar verse in Matthew 5:43 about loving your enemies.
This week has been rather hectic, and I'm not proud of it. I'm not on top of my uni work, and to top it up with work work, I had to buy the textbooks. OR else, most probably will fail in my units. Can't afford that to happen. Spent 197 on second books.. next week, gonna buy another textbook will will cost another 100 dollars. A small investment to invest compared to re-doing the whole unit again. Don't you reckon? the benefits you reap later would be much greater than saving that amount of cash now. My friend was talking about it, that those people who are having part time jobs now and are not on top of their uni work, should just give up and concentrate on their studies...
Well being honest with you all, ( you can believe it or don't) the reason why so little study could give me the results that I have today is because of God. Life is much more fulfilling with God in your life. On the day I received my results, I knew that without the blessings from God, I wouldn't have got the results I have today. Though I know it's not all that fantastic. Not like it is straight D's or HD's. The way I studied and did my work would NOT sum up to the results I have. Say for instance, my management essay assignment. I had no references the night before I had to hand in my assignment, and yet when the results came out to be the highest in my tutorial class 23/25. Compared to other people who had put so much effort into it. Mine was seriously last minute. Maybe you can call it luck. But rest assure, I would say it's the power of God through me.
Matthew 7:7
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."
Note: This post is written before Sunday. Sunday I usually go to church.. but haven't been to since my friend left for Malaysia for holidays. This post reflects the things I have experience throughout the week.
No comments:
Post a Comment