Rain, I used to like the rain while I was young, especially with the aircon on and the rain is pouring outside. However, father would always come into the room, turn off the aircon and open the windows, leaving with a message that will eventually get stuck in our heads, "Don't waste electricity, it's raining outside, use the fan instead." Me and my siblings would then have oily faces because of the humid weather.
Although we are well taught, we never did what our father told us to do, only some times when we have the inspiration to save the environment. However, there were periods where using the fan at night even though it was not raining would give me a really good night sleep. Therefore, saving my father some money on electricity.
Mother always told us to take a steaming hot shower when we are soaked by the rain. I have been doing that ever since I was young, however, the water heater at bathroom I use in Malaysia doesn't really give a steaming hot shower, and the water pressure is low. Only my parent's bathroom will provide a steaming hot shower because their water heater needs time for the water to heat, but our bathroom water heater is one of those instant water heaters, therefore, doesn't really come out hot.
Anyway, I would usually stand or squat down for quite sometime to 'heat up'. And thus taking longer than usual for my shower. However, due to water shortages now and then, I tried not to waste so much water.
Brisbane has been raining for the past few days, something I looked forward to, but not so when I had to bear the rain when I have to travel to and fro home and uni. I couldn't hang my laundry under the sun, which gives this really nice smell when the clothes are dried. But it was certainly welcoming especially on the day I had to work, which was on Monday, and to add to that, I didn't really sleep well on Sunday night, I just didn't know why, kept tossing and turning. Then my flatmate's friend came in the middle of midnight while I was trying to sleep, knocking on the door like there is no tomorrow, or there was a cork stuck in his butt and he needed to crap really badly. I was hoping for a good night's sleep because of work the next morning, however, that didn't come true and ended up going online for awhile and reading the bible. It wasn't busy on Monday morning because uni was on study week and it was raining. One of the staff's shift got cancelled, it was a good shift for me as I was thinking of 'calling in sick' because of the lack of sleep, prolly fell into deep sleep for around 20-30 mins during the wee hours, other than that, I was just closing my eyes resting.
Thank goodness I pulled through the shift smoothly, and thankfully I didn't have to be on the till on Monday, I never liked the till. Causes more bad than good. The evil thing!
Supposed to rain on tuesday, I was hoping to wake up with the sound of rain drops, but tough luck. It was bright and sunny and it wasn't even cold!
Has the weather gone bad?
P/S: Have you checked your astrology today? Mine said "Danger looming, thou will face hardship in the next few weeks, eat broccoli to maintain luck and intelligence."
2 comments:
BROCCOLI? I never knew it's THAT powerful. hahahahha!
ya ka ka ka ka ka! :D very the powderful o!
Post a Comment