Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Experiment

I'm currently conducting an experiment. Whether I am able to survive only with my student card, one bankcard (eftpos) and my translink card (to travel).
Everything else in my wallet has been taken out. I'm going cashless for a week and this experiment started on Sunday Night.

This translates to,
NO buying from vending machines.
NO daily tickets(which cost $2.90 per day) from buses because they only accept cash and coins, although i have my translink card that cost $1.16 for a two hour single ticket, but it has it's pros and cons to it. - I mean, seriously.
NO giving spare change to those in need. - I have been rather stingy lately so it doesn't really make a difference.
NO buying snacks just to get rid of loose change.
NO eating out if its possible. Although I have broken this rule because my friend asked me out for lunch just TODAY.

So far as of today Wednesday night in estimates what I have consumed since Sunday Night,

0.7 loaf of bread which equates to = $6.6 (I know its expensive, because I bought Burgen bread which IS high in fiber, really.)
3 breakfast on the go drinks = $6.85
3 Bananas =$ 2
1 packet of swiss cheese = $ 7
Salami =$3.90
Roast beef = $3.90
Apple Juice = $ 1.80
Milk = $ 3.30
Tuna = $ 2.40

Spent 37.75 for 3 days. I still have Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Will keep you posted on the final amount spent for one week of eating in an no entertainment, yippy!

Until then, the chilling breeze that runs across my face is a welcoming sign that the seasons have changed. It really brings back memories in 2006 where my room is so warm and the outside is starting to get cold. Leaving the building means leaving the comfort of my room where the gust of cold wind would blow unto the narrow city lanes, leaving me with a shiver and a reminder it's no longer a stroll down the park. Welcome back autumn, you are dearly missed.

No comments: