I know. I know. I haven't been blogging much lately. What gives? Okay, so what's up lately. I'm in the last week of my holidays and school starts next monday. *dreads* To come to think of it, I don't have much time left before my chapters of high school life ends. 4 months to go, 4 months. It haunts me. What happened to all my good'o days. Gone. In a breath. Okay, enough of thinking about it. It's useless.
I've started buckling up this week by finishing my school homework. Haha. I know, at least it's a start. And for the past few days, I've been staying up late watching the world cup on The Pathetic Telly. That's what my friends call it. Well, that's because they don't have a Telly in their rooms and they're jealous! Haha. I kid. Actually, the Telly is not mine. It belongs to a friend'o mine. It's small, but at least I get to watch television during the break. At times, I get fuzzy and bad receptions on SBS which is the only channel broadcasting World Cup live. Nevertheless, I manage to catch some good matches with good reception. Not THAT good. But acceptable.
Nothing interesting that I know of happened during the holidays. I slept. I ate. I watched soccer. I chatted online. I surfed the net. I went out with my friends. I went to the arcade. I went to the movies. I gamed. I went out for a good dinner. I went out for badminton sessions. I Slept more and ate more. That's it. To sum it all up what I did during the holidays.
Most of my friends are back home. So this time around, I get to spend some quality time alone. Peace and relaxation. If fact, I spent a lot of time on my own. Too much really, unhealthy. Haha.
The Hostel is really deserted, even if someone got *blank* in one of the rooms, nobody would even know. Oh yeah, and the food they provide sucks BIG TIME. What's on the menu? Just look at how they present it on the Menu.
Monday
Vegetable Soup.
Soy Sauce Sesame Chicken with White Rice.
Banana Cake.
Tuesday
Soup
Main Course
Dessert
Wednesday
so on...
so on...
so on..
The Menu goes on.
Oh wow! Looks good doesn't it? I'm so looking forward to eating in the cafe. NOT. Let's take Monday's meal for an example.
Vegetable soup is REALLY vegetable soup. 80% of it in the bowl of soup consists of carrots, potatoes, celery, onions and peas. PEAS? Well, at first glance, it looks good and smells good. Wait till you have a taste of it. It's always either too salty or tasteless. Even if you added a packet of salt into the soup. It's still tasteless. I usually have a table spoon or two and throw the rest away. They change the soup on the menu everyday. Despite the daily changes, about 4 or 5 bowls doesn't end up in my stomach but the rubbish bin. That's where it should belong. Yeaps. Indeed.
The cooks down in the cafe just don't know how to cook soup.
How about the Sesame Soy Sauce Chicken? It's usually served with one or two scoops of rice. -(Two scoops can't even fill up the traditional chinese rice bowl.) Sometimes, they give you a scoop. And if they think they gave you too much, they'll reduce the amount. Next, the Sesame Soy Sauce Chicken, usually they'll give you a quarter chicken. If u're unlucky. Two drum sticks. They'll pour some sauce on the rice and next, they'll serve you vegetables. Boys and girls, if you were raised as a kid eating vegetables cooked and prepared by them, and at the end of the day, you still love vegetables. You're a legend. Vegetables cooked by them is like eating raw vegetables, although it looks cooked. Normally they'll serve you peas and corn. I hate peas. I dislike peas. Peas suck! And if they serve you Bok Choi, it's usually taste of soil. It has that raw taste. Enough of veges. How about the Chicken and Rice?
Well, the rice is quite hard. Yes. Harder than your average rice you get back home. That's alright for me. As for the chicken, the chicken is totally covered in Sesame seeds. When you get a bite out of the chicken, it taste more like eating sesame seeds and a bit of soy sauce than the chicken itself. And some times, there is still fur stuck to the chicken skin. I try my best to finish everything on the plate, but I can't. It's just not cut out to be eaten by men. It's terrible. I 'usually' finish two thirds of it and throw the rest into the bin. Away it goes!
For the dessert, it's usually the best out of everything. As for the banana cake, no matter what cake they serve, they leave a small jug of cream on the counter. Alright, so you take a piece of banana cake. You get back to your seat and you take a bite. Well how does it taste? Dry. Dryer than biscuits. So you get up, walk to the counter and pour some cream. You get back to your seat and later find out, it's still dry even though there is cream on your cake. You get back up again, and walk to the counter. This time, you'll flood the cake with cream. Get back to your seat, and eat away. Satisfied. At least, it's not dry anymore.
Food is horrible down at the cafe. You should take a look at the rubbish bin. It's usually 2/3 full. A wastful site. All the food. Thrown away because the cooks can't cook! To tell the truth, even my kakak back home can cook better than all of them. She can easily beat them to an Iron 'Chef' competition. Despite the surveys they conduct in the hostel, the food still taste as terrible since I stepped foot in this building. But with a slight improvement. And the WORST of the WORST meal is rice with Beef Stew. Geez man. It's more like chewy beef cubes with rice. Most of them end up in the bin. How much does this wonderful meal package cost? 8 friggin' bucks each day! I could walk to China Town and get a very satisfied meal with that money. What a rip off! But I think if you're above 18 and living in the hostel, you can cancel off the meal plan. But definitely, if you're under 18, you must take the meal plan. I call Shenanigans!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Morgz, the telly, the good & cheaper food, the better lifestyle in general is in brissie. COME TO BRISBANE!!! It would be so much better than Mel i assure you. The menu looks good and appetizing, but from what you've described about your hostel food, sounds gross... Hahaha... the beef cubes were funny... but you should really give peas a chance man... haha... Oh, and i heard that you've decided not to study law and pursue business instead. Well, good, cos QUT has the best business course in brissie. I'm not advertising or forcing you to come here, i'm just telling you the facts and the choice is up to you... but... YOU... MUST... CONSIDER!!!!!! Everything is cheaper here, the accommodation, the transportation fare... Think about it mate...
Post a Comment