Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Free- Flow Post... #4

A good start for the term, I’m feeling confident and rejuvenated after the holidays. Boy, how much I anticipated for it to come and now it’s gone. Seen a lot of familiar faces around now, everyone’s back from their two weeks of debauchery and back on their feet.
Well, maybe most of them are…

Last Friday, Ezra and I went to watch Russel Peters comedy show live! He offered me to go because he had two tickets and it was a birthday gift from his sister. All I can say is, WOW!
It was a legendary event for me. I’ve never been to anything this big before. Seeing a comedy celebrity performing on stage live was an experience that doesn’t come by easily. I couldn’t believe myself sitting in the fourth row from the stage. It was awesome. I laugh till I almost cried that night. A million thanks to Ezra.

Anyway, most of us know Pirates of the Caribbean 2: The Dead Man’s Chest is out in cinemas and screening. My friends and I went to watch it last Saturday and it was absolutely fabulous. The movie was great as so what happened after that- I’ll save that for later. I’m not going to be a party pooper, so I’m not going to leak out anything about the movie. If you’re at home and doing nothing, wondering what movie you would like watching at the cinema, Pirates of the Caribbean 2 will be the finest choice.

After the movie, we headed to our all time favorite restaurant- Chom Chom. Why is it our all time favorite? Because we get very similar food to what we all get back home. Best in Melbourne I reckon. We made our way to the 1st floor of the restaurant and surprising the tables were arranged enough for us to sit on the same table. I was dumfounded. Usually the seating were enough for 2, 4 or 6. But this time, it was enough for 14. Yes, 14 of us went to the cinema together and watched a movie.

As I was preparing my money ready to pay for my share, a waitress brought up a cake lighted with candles and all my friends starting singing happy birthday. I was in a state of confusion, looking around to see whose birthday was it. Maybe it was one of my friends, but I just didn’t know it was his or her birthday that day. My friend, Ronald was sitting in front of me, and he too was in the same state as me. Soon enough, the cake was brought before our eyes. On top it wrote.

18th
Happy Birthday to Ronald & Morgan
BBM

What a surprise. Before I continue on, I will need to make some facts clear.
Firstly, I’m not gay.
Secondly, Ronald is 3 days older than me. Yes, girls and boys, his birthday is on the 27th and mine’s on the 30th.
Thirdly, BBM stands for Broke Back Mountain. See, Ronald got teased because he thought Broke Back Mountain was a pretty good movie. (No offence Ronald.) And soon, BBM -the abbreviation emerged from no where and it speculated. And without further hesitation, he was also known as BBM for a short period of time until it died down.

I don’t know why they decided to add BBM. It’s just strange. A joke. LOL.

I was stunned. It was a belated birthday celebration after all. Ha ha.I thought my birthday celebrations were well over. So we blew the candles and cut the cake. I felt excited and soft all over even my hands started shivering slightly when I cut the cake. We took some photos and indulge in the cake before we went back home.

Thanks guys. You guys are just one awesome and unique bunch.




Top, from Left: Jia Xuan, Hui San, John, Brendan, Jack, Ryan, Aik Sern (guy behind me), Wei Loong, Xander, Ann, Alicia, Yuin Harng and Jie Yi.

Bottom, from left: Ronald, Me.

I was forced to bite the candle out from the cake. A tradition in our group? But instead, I bit off a small bit of the candle wick and couldn't be stuffed to continue. XD.

3 comments:

Caranthir Narmolanya said...

Happy Belated Birthday to You Morgan! hahaa. Your hands were SHAKING! :)

Tsendo said...

oi we got a present 4 u man..we wanted 2 gv t 2 u at tai gu's hse on friday but 2 bad u din come..nvm..ill gv it 2 u nex time

Jie Yi said...

I erm... jz cant stop laughing at the BBM thingy!!!
haha!!!
so farny!!!
OmG!!! when OH when r U goin to out up new post
*roll eyes*


cheers!