Wednesday, January 31, 2007
The Month Was... #1
Hey people, is good to hear everyone is doing okay. I'm doing good too, getting used to the life here. My parents have been talking to the head of the culinary arts department (Mr. Oliver), and the news is...
In order to complete my entire super duper course, I would need 3 years 6 months to get,
A)My diploma in Culinary Arts,
B)My higher diploma in European Culinary Management,
C)Bachelor of Arts in International Hotel & Tourism Management.
By the time I achieve all that, I might not want to pursue commerce anymore. See how it goes, chefs get paid mega bucks in Europe. Mr. Oliver said part of this whole course, I get 6 months job placement in Europe. I get paid so well that I can cover the cost of Switzerland and part of my KDU tuition fees. That's what HE says. I'm not sure if everyone gets paid THAT well as an apprentice. So, the feeling now, I want to complete this course and see the outcome! Where would I end up. For those of you who are curious, chefs not only must know how to cook well, they must also need to learn the theory bits, which compromise of, food safety & hygiene, menu planning, product costing to name a few…
And semester 1 is all about theory. So, everyday is hard core theory. WOO HOO. NOT!!! I want to get my hands dirty. Soon… Anyway here is the closing up of this post!
Things that happened in this month
1 year ago, 2006
Learnt how to drive and got my license just before Chinese New Year. Getting psych for Chinese New Year and was preparing myself for a year of hard work. That was, YEAR 12! Kinda wanted to go back abit later than the 4th of February, but missing three days of school already… I think was good enough.
2 years ago, 2005
Started schooling in New Zealand, parents left on the first day of school! How sad, I still remembered they drove beside me, waving at me when I turned my head to look at them while I was cycling. And when I reached the route for the short cut, they turn away to a junction and off they went to Auckland. First day of school was cold and lonely. I remembered holding my tears for the whole day of school. I was in a new environment which I was not accustomed to. Made a Swiss friend because he was just as lost as I am!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
When u say Oliver, do u mean THE Jamie Oliver?
Hahah cool u remembered the lighter thing. LoL. I do remember it was cold. :)
Good times mate.
lol
Post a Comment