Classes start at 12pm on Mondays. I set my alarm clock the previous night to 10am so that I could take my time, eat some breakfast, and admire my fish tank and all that. I woke up at 10, and set the alarm to snooze and went back to sleep. Did that for like 5 times until it was 1040. (my snooze rotation is 8 minutes). And with a bit of will power, I woke my lazy a** up. Turned on my computer and started reading the news until it was 1130. Oh sh**, have to get ready. Took me about 10 minutes to get ready and I walked to the fridge and heated up some milk in the microwave. Milk came out too hot… and that took me another 10 minutes to sip it down. I knew I was very late. My lecturer would marked me absent and shoved up these few words to me. “I have already told you, there are 120 students in this class, if everyone of them do the same thing. I will be tired… yadah yadah yadah.” That was just my imagination. That image of him, with a frown on his face, and his index finger pointing towards me, lecturing me about punctuality was playing over and over again in my head. I searched for my house keys after my cup of milk, but had a hard time finding it. Now I was thinking of skipping class and thinking of giving an excuse. “Sorry sir, I couldn’t attend lectures just now because I had no house keys…” “Sorry sir, I was locked out of my house. I couldn’t get out…” “Erm Sir, what happen was, my bro took both set of house keys…” “ Sir, I had a sexua…” okay, the last one was a joke.
I found the damn house keys and walked as fast as I could to the front guard house and hailed for a cabbie. What happen was, there was this car wanting to get out from the front guard house, and the cabbie gave his signal and stopped before the car so that he could turn out to the main road. Both of them was kinda in a grid lock. Both don’t know who should go first. Cuz if the car at the front gate wanted to turn, he wouldn’t be able to see on coming traffic as the cab was blocking his view. If the cab wanted to move, the car at the front gate might want to move at the same time, which might cause an accident. So after the kerfuffle, the taxi sped forward and stopped with a screech. I got into the cab and I said, “KDU college” and he boldy reply in Cantonese, “ Hang Bin Thou?”(which way you wanna go) I replied back in Canto, “Hang goh thou” ( go that way) Pointing towards the other direction. I was like, hello? Ur the taxi driver, aren’t you suppose to know the way? Anyway, he was in a hurry sending me. Honking away at slow moving cars, it felt like he was having a really bad stomach ache and he wanted to shit real bad. He gave those ‘mean stares’ as he drove by those drivers who drove slowly after he gave a honk. You know those looks? Like those, “ I will remember your face forever.”
Upon reaching my college, he asked me again in canto, “Bin thou lok che?” (where you want to get down). My college was just 3 minutes walk away from where he wanted to dump me. Although I would appreciate it more if he dropped me in front of my school. So I said, “Li thou dou ko ye geh.” (You can drop me here). His phone rang, don’t know who called him but he was shouting into the phone like a walkie talkie. I dug into my wallet and gave him money. He moved his cab forward, cuz we were near a junction. And he was in queue, so he asked me if I had 40 cents, I said no. He dug some spare change out from somewhere and he didn’t even count it and gave it to me. And asked me in canto, “ Ngam mou?”( Is it right?), I replied back, “ Ngam” (Yeah its right), He said, “ Ngam juo, lok che lor” (If its right, then get off the car) After getting off, he raved his engine and with a screech, he sped forward. I counted the coins again, I was given short of 10 cents. Big deal. I rather he had the ten cents so he could buy toilet paper.
That’s new to me. Never met a cabbie like that before. Typical Malaysian attitude. So I went to class late. I sat right at the back opened my book and started reading. The lecturer thought I was dreaming and he asked me a question. I replied correctly, and that would show em’ I wasn’t dreaming. After class, I went to mark my attendance, and saw that there was an O. An O means absent, but. There were 2 O’s. I never missed any of his classes before, so I asked him, how come I got an O? he said, “I don’t know, you never listen, or I didn’t hear?” Nevermind that, I don’t blame him, the class is HUGE, even I’m starting to feel tired everyday trying to listen. The poor lecturers have to shout when they are lecturing. Just imagine a typical classroom. But can fit 120++ people. Isn’t that BIG? He marked me present for the day, not late. Better than nothing. #Fast Forward#
After dinner, my elder bro was checking out the fish tank and he saw that my guppies’ fins were bitten off by two more aggressive type of fish. My poor guppies were being bullied and since they were finless, they sank like an anchor. And those two other fishes were snapping away. Mind you, I feed my fish 3 times a day. So that was the final straw, I took the dead carcasses and threw it in the bin, caught the two aggressive fishes and decided to let them go into the big fish pond not far from my apartment. Now let’s see who gets bitten. Pwnzors. LOL. After that I went to the fish shop, by the time I wanted to purchase some fish, the guy told me they are close. So I plead, “Just tonight? Okay?” He said, “Okay, okay, hurry up.” I think he remembered me from last time, cuz last time I wanted to buy some fish, but I told my mom I’ll buy it some other time (cuz my fish tank has not really settled) and that time when I was with my mom, that guy was like he had woken up from a dream. He looked puzzled. MCC. Didn’t understand what I was saying. Bahs!

I know its blur, cuz i took it from my hp. As you can see, happy guppies!
2 comments:
Dang,old Morgy beat me to owning a camera phone first!
haha, SHOW us your new fon MAN!
Post a Comment