Saturday, June 16, 2007

Poeple say that first impression matters the most.

Poeple say that first impression matters the most.


I've asked a few friends what they think, and most of them do stand by that saying. I wasn't sure myself if I should, but somehow I convinced myself that maybe I am also the lot who stand by that saying.


But after going through catechism classes, I was between the fences once again.

Should I judge people based on the impression they give us when we first acquaint?


I was tested of my faith. This was the case.
Remember the 'PinkyPanky' chick I was talking about last time on one of my previous post?


I got a good look of her profile pictures on Friendster one day, judging by her 'popularity' ( the amount of friends that she has and the comments on her profile) I thought she would be some kinda decent/popular/pretty girl.


Do pictures tell you a thousand words?
Maybe.
But sometimes, pictures tell you a thousand lies.


The first impression I was given wasn't that good. So that was the time where I was convinced that I do judge poeple by first impression.

But what if I'm wrong? Am I being fair to her? Am I being selfish by not giving her a chance? Those thoughts kept racing through my head.


Who am I to judge somebody by their looks and not by their personality? WHO AM I? Only God has the right to judge, and no one else.


I kept telling myself I was being unjustly. Which is true don't you think?


So on the sort of dreaded day, which was the day I would be flying with her to Brisbane. My plan was to go there early, give her an excuse to check in early and just meet her at the international terminal, so I wouldn't need to check in with her.


I arrived at 7am that day, I texted her and she said she just left her hotel with her family and would be arriving at around 8am. Then, I told her I might want to check in early because I was having a stomach ache. (Which was true, I did)


The next text message I got from her was obviously sourish because the last time she asked if I could check-in with her, I agreed. I wanted not to care. You know, whatever. If you're not happy, so be it. Why should I care?


But, something inside told me, I'm not like that. I'm not a bastard. I'm a decent guy. Why should I act that way to someone who gave me a bad impression the first time? Why should I be cruel and nasty just because she's some evil monster in my eyes. Why not I give her one more chance to see if she is really that evil monster.


So then I told her I'll see what I can do to and wait for her while I had my stomach ache. I told her if I could ask somebody to look after my luggage while I shiat, then I'll wait for her to arrive then check in. I walked around the toilets and check in counters while I think of an idea. Somehow, using the disabled toilet idea struck me! Yeah, so I walked into one of the toilets which couldn't lock and did my business.


>>> Fast forward


So we checked in together and we were 6 kilos overweight. The check-in lady told us that we would have to pay or else she wouldn't issue a boarding pass to us. Her mom came to see what was going on, so the evil monster asked how much does she have to pay. Check-in lady said it was RM75 for each kilo. Her mom asked her if she gave the letter for extra allowance, she said she already did.


By that time, I felt guilty not getting an extra baggage allowance document. What was the harm of getting one in the first place? Maybe a bit of incovenience for me. If I was her mom I would probably and most likely say, "This selfish boy, my daughter asked him to get a letter for extra baggage allowance, and he didn't, look what he had done. Now I must pay RM 450."
On the other hand, I did tell her daughter that my parents offered to carry some stuff over to Brisbane, but her daughter declined.

So after checking in, her parents brought their family and me to McDonalds to have breakfast. I had congee, so her mom asked why that choice for breakfast. I simply replied that I'm having a stomach ache. Her mom asked if I got medicine, I said no. So some how during this vague conversation she disappeared and came back with a RM5.00 bottle of highly oxygenated water and stomach ache medicine. I wasn't expecting all these. Thank God he gave me the patience, tolerance and kindness. If not, could you imagine how I would feel? I would feel so bad and guilty, I wished I was food poisoned, dead.

So her mom like all concerned moms asked me to stay back at the airport in Brisbane until airport pick up service from the school was there to fetch her and requested that I take care of her.

Okay, that kinda crossed the line. I'm no baby sitter. But I just smiled and said okay. Pretty obvious at that time I wasn't gonna care that much.

Well, I didn't really stick to what I was going to do, as to not to care that much. When we reached Brisbane Airport and I cleared customs, it was so tempting to just walk out of the door, fetch a cab and get the hell out of there. That would be the end of the story.

But I didn't, I waited for her to clear customs, lended her a buck to call airport pick up service and made sure the guy was there to pick her up. Which he was, it was just that we didn't see him when we came out.

What would I be if I just walked out and left her alone? Will I be me? The decent fellow? I'm not that mean unless provoked, really bad. Most of you should know, I was betrayed three times and stepped on by a good friend and yet, I'm still in talking terms with him... I'm just so foolish in these matters. I know the wolf bitten my dick once, yet I still befriend the wolf.

Part of the reason I'm so tolerable and perhaps kind is partially because the bible taught me so. One of ther verses which went, ' You should love your neighbour, like how you love yourself.'
The Bible never lies, and I try my best to do more good than bad. And the other reason why I try to be good is because, my friends are good people. They showed me the ropes of being a good person.

Though having said all that, PinkyPanky is still under observation. Case closed unless further evidence can be provided that she is an evil monster. Her status from evil monster has now changed to neutral beast. Her change in the ladder is not because her mom bribed/gave me medicine and all that. It's because of my naiveness towards understanding facing poeple. It's not nice being unfair and not giving a chance to people. I mean, how would you feel if your lecturer or teacher was like that? I'm sure you would hate the hell out of it.

On the lighter side of things, I had my first Aussie clubbing experience last night. It was good, freakinlicious. I had 2 alcoholic drinks, 1 bottle of water, and lots of dancing between those drinks I had until I was completedly exhausted. Though I'm not very good at dancing, but yeah, I'm learning. Heh.
Somehow, while I was dancing, I wished my babe was there and so we could dance together. Maybe it's just because I miss her so damn much.
Too bad, so sad, what to do???

Check out www.morganandi.blogspot.com for another update. Because the post above is just for exclusive readers only. I can't be stuffed posting the update here, or else this post would be too long. You guys are lucky, aren'y ya? Getting the more in-depth story! You guys deserve it anyways.

Oh by the way, have you checked your daily horoscope?

7 comments:

Jie Yi said...

AIh~
cant you feel the mother's love?
no matter what you did also she(mother) cant hate you, cause you are the only one that she can rely on.
she got no one she knows lar.not like you have your couzzie.
treat her like treat us k...
treat her like how her mom treat you.
haha! who knows one day, she's the one who help you when there's no one around you.
TAKE CARE DUDE!
you know we miss you!

Anonymous said...

Hey man,

I don't know about what u said about pinky panky shit...what a person looks like i think is not what's important. Rather it's their character. So what if she camwhores and puts on 5cms thick of make-up or whatever...Well it's kinda disgusting to look at emos or whatever...but pinky panky...well it's jsut her sense of fashion. Rather you've not described her character. How's she like. It's a bit judgmental and prejudiced that u dislike her from the start from the way she looks. Talk to her and maybe you can find something in common. If you don't then maybe that's the way things are meant to be, but calling her a beast, neutral monster..i don;t knw. Just sounds kinda harsh don't you think?Everyone deserves a chance.

sibu angkau said...

The only thing I believe in is that nothing can be generalised. NOTHING. There's no good or bad people. There's a bad person who did some good or a good person who did some bad.

Appreciate her good favours but nevertheless, distinctiate the line of friendship. There's never anything wrong with being wary of those we believe should be paid an extra amount of cautiousness, but being wary doesn't mean taking any particular action.

You just need a little more confidence, I know you, you will be fine.

Cheers,
Brendan.

Ps : I wonder why Ron's defending the "lala' fashion. Is it bcos Erika Toda's a lala in death Note too??? AHAHAHAHHA jk jk!

GT-Ken! said...

oi chee bai, don insult erika toda ok, basket, sometimes gothic fashion appeals to me (esp if its a good looking jap girl!).....anyway u better take care of yer stomach morg, stomach probs r the worst crap which can happend to u.....trust me, i've had my fair (actually much more than that....) share of stomach probs, really wrecks the day.....

sibu angkau said...

Hey I like Jap girls and Erika toda too, but gothic fashion to me is worse than wearing your underwear on your head. No wonder you had stomachache, try loosening the powder blush and colourful stokings. Eugh...........

Anonymous said...

Shut up u Erika hater. U like guys!

Anonymous said...

Hey yo~~

Honey, you're always a decent guy, that's the reason why everyone likes to be around you, including me. *giggles* so it's so more like u to give her another chance than to hate her by the first look. :)

Take care o! Miss ya heaps!!


xoClaraxo