Friday, May 23, 2008

Bringing in the ole' habits.

You know what they say, sometimes you can't always stay the same way you are. Times change, staying the way you are is only depreciating your societal value making you redundant in the next few weeks. Just like the wrapping of chocolates, don't keep up with the trends, nobody is gonna buy the chocs.

The past 2 months have been busy, week after week of assignments to hand up, or either that, class test and exams. For the first month, I could take the pressure, worrying little none the less as if the weather was rain or shine. Didn't really bothered lifting my finger to close the blinds to shade the room, or to close the windows so the rain won't come in. Spending countless hours planning, taking time off so just to focus on these very important matters, partially successful, but not entirely. First month went smoothly.

2nd month, things started going down hill, i took time off from work, yet day after day, countless times, i wasted the day. Excuses, procrastination as if time was unlimited. Taking for granted for all the time I had in the world, until it was time to face reality. Had a good dream morg?

As I was talking to one of my friends from church, we were saying how our old habits of studying brought us through this far, but as time progresses, its getting pretty useless. Take one example of mine, use to be able to do my assignment the one or two nights before and still get top marks for it, now in year 2, that technique is becoming useless. Though I have allocated time for my assignments which by reason should have enough time to complete them, however, discipline failed me. I've made my mistakes.

Changing old habits its going to be hard, I've set my alarm clock to wake up at 8 or 9 countless times, but I always give in to my own demands, "common, just 'rest' my eyes another 10 mins, hmm maybe i'll snooze for 10 mins, ahhh, its only 8, school doesn't start till 5pm, still have time to do my homework... " all the @#&@$. end up snoozing or resting my eyes till its 10, 11 or 12pm. Then I'll wake up and take a shower, and sit on my computer to read the news, both Australian and Malaysian news. After reading, oh no, its 1pm, must find something to eat. Shall I cook? or shall I just head down to subway to grab a cheap but fulfilling bite. Let's go to subway.

Come back home with a foot long, munch it infront of my computer monitor, hmm.. shall I watch grey's anatomy? Maybe one episode and then I will start doing my homework. Oh my goodness, what's gonna happen to meredith? Watch another episode. and another till I run out of episodes. By that time.. it will prolly be 3.30pm.. ahh so full now, lie on my bed and roll up into a ball within the comfort of my blanket. Thinking how comfortable it is to be lying on my bed. Trying my best to keep my eyes open. End up setting my alarm clock to4.15, sweet dreams morgan.

Wake up, get changed in time for the bus. Sometimes the bus doesn't come on time and end up being late for classes. ahhh, doesn't matter, this week's work is not done, i'll catch up tomorrow or I will do my work next week. Next monday comes, the same thing happens.

Bringing the old habits. Bringing the old habits. Well im trying to change. At least last night I slept at 10pm and set the alarm clock for 7am. However, it was raining outside, and i slept for another 2 hours before I actually woke up. Eleven hours of sleep. Gosh! and again, i failed to wake up!

No comments: