Thursday, May 01, 2008

Update

Wanted to sleep but I couldn't. Another 5 more hours to go before I have to wake up and get to work. It's gonna be a long shift, from 6am - 3pm, anyway, that is not the main point why I wanna update so urgently.

It's just, while I was trying to fall asleep, these thoughts of cleanliness competition back when I was in primary school kept me from going sleep.

The sound of the speaker on stage with this sentence:

"And the class with the highest score for the cleanliness competition last week goes to 6A class"

and then the roar of students cheering and clapping. Then i started to think, how was these scores calculated and base on?

Could it be because the markers were biased?

Not to mention, when back I was back in high school, the cleanliness masters would go around the school giving scores to classes which are apparently the cleanest to them for their form level. If some CM gang up together and resulted to favouritism, the same class would win over and over again.

And back then, there were rosters for students to sweep the floor, line up the tables, toss the rubbish into the big rubbish collection area, clean the windows, clean the white/black boards.

Then there were specific times where you MUST do your job or else your name would be copied down and the teacher would give you a smack or scolding on why you never do your share of cleaning.

I preferred tossing the rubbish out, it was much more easier, just tie up the damn thing, walk to the rubbish collection area and throw it over the wall as if you were throwing a dead body off the river. Some times the rubbish bag would tear, and when I tossed the bag over the wall, it would seem like santa's Christmas bag had a hole in it and presents were falling out from the sky.

And the materials & tools needed to clean up the classroom, brooms, glass cleaners, rubbish bags, all collected and bought with the class funds. like some kinda extortion.

Anyway, after work tomorrow I plan to clean up my apartment, it's been like 2 months since i've done so. I don't know if my flatmate will help out or not. He's been okay so far. It's just that i became immune to the untidiness. Back like 4 months ago, I would clean up my apartment every 1 or 2 weeks. But back then, I was living with a hong kong girl, she was much neater than my current flatmate. first 2 months or so, I would do my usual routine.

But after much cleaning up, you just feel like whats the point? he is gonna mess up the damn place again with little drops of soup stains on the floor, some tiny food scraps by the rubbish bin, little pieces of rice here and there.

You just get tired and soon be immune. I was a clean freak back then. Clean freak for the common area and kitchen, but not my den. My den is a mess house. But i do clean up, it's just after 4 or 5 hours inhabiting the space which is know as my room, it gets messy again.

My mama told me to place everything back in order after I have used them instead of leaving them lying around. But you know, once your butt get tucked into the seat infront of the computer, you just don't wanna move.

Lately I also have been pretty lazy. Seriously lazy. Never been this lazy before. One of the few lazy examples are,

Lazy getting out of bed.

Lazy to cook at night. resulting in ordering 1 large pizza every night for four nights.

Lazy to wash up my plates after i used them resulting the plates left in the sink for 1-3 days.

Skipping lectures, being late for lectures.

Just terrible, horrible and despicable.

I don't know how long the laziness will last, but it's fading away. 

Perhaps my goals and things I want to do have also shifted, plans are uncertain what am I gonna do after bachelors. But either i wanna continue on my masters, go to japan after  bachelors if I can save up at least to the required amount, (if not, cuti-cuti malaysia), go on the UK working holiday which is 2 years, if I'm broke and yet I wanna travel the world.

But currently my goal is to save all my money that i work for. last 6 months i have been spending quite alot, pretty much having not much savings. Perhaps with all the savings and investment accounts available on the market now,and to take advantage of the high interest rates and the consistent savings, a substantial amount can be generate by interest. Though is not much. But it's still something after 1 or 2 years.

No thanks to ebay.com. its chicanery. lure us poor vulnerable people to their website and up purchasing something! URGH.

Sorry people if i haven't been updating, april has just been madness. Exam after exam, assignment after assignment. Just non stop. So yeah, been busy and stuffs. I have uploaded my calendar on my blog. Have fun looking at my class time tables and assignments due. Note, work time table will not be uploaded as it varies from week to week. so just deduct 8-9 hours from any two days you see im free during the week and you'll pretty much know which day Im free and not.

2 comments:

LuFFy said...

Hey, I still remember the primary school cleanliness competition! The results r absolutely RIGGED!! Lol. My class hardly or nvr won!

Throwing the rubbish rocks man! I used 2 make sure i get rostered for that in high school. It's especially fun when the bin's full during class hours n we get 2 ponteng. =D

Anonymous said...

omggg. yeahhh i remembered those days when we have to clean our classes and all that. i was always the one sweeping -_- and i hated it. LOL