No, this is not my house.After a tthree days in ipoh, which I must say. I did enjoy my time there. Pity I hadn't enough time because my parents were leaving KL the next day. So I HAD to go back to KL to have at least dinner before they headed back to Sandakan. So if I was not mistaken, I had the car for four days. I send my parents to the airport and picked my friend up, and it was just also a coincidence that my parents are going to take the same plane my friend did. SDK-KL KL-SDK.
That's when the initial fear of driving the KL roads begun, how am I going to drive my friend back when I'm not even so sure how to get home in the first place. But lucky for me, my friend knows his way around KL and he lead me to his home. I've driven around KL a bit while I studied there back in beginning 2007. So I knew how to get back from Sunway to TTDI. After driving around and getting use to shifting gears in the jam, the only thing during jams is that I fear the clutch would burn out. So, it was not that bad after all driving in KL. I actually liked it because I get to speed and the chances of a police siren wailing behind me is slim. Trust me guys, I'm not a speed hog because I'm a person who can't handle speed. When I mean speed, I meant accelerating to 110 kmh and staying there. Yes call me a pussy if you wished! But I just get nervous at high speeds and I'm too young to die.
The places where I know how to drive to is:
TTDI - One Utama - The Curve - Midvalley - Sunway Pyramid -SJ2? - Genting. Just around these general areas. Anything out of that I'm totally clueless and need reference to google maps. Well thats how I found my other friend's place and need to pay two tolls within the span of 5 minutes driving. LDP-SHAH ALAM HIGHWAY. Damn that place, friggin stupid design if you asked me.
Anyway, I drove quite alot while I was in KL because thats the only way to get around places. Without a car, it's like having no legs in KL. Even Ronnie said the same thing and he has trouble getting around KL even with a taxi because they don't wanna send him. Lucky for me, he stays close to my area, so picking him up wasn't much of a hassle. Pictures below is when we had a cooked up at his place one afternoon for lunch.
That's when the initial fear of driving the KL roads begun, how am I going to drive my friend back when I'm not even so sure how to get home in the first place. But lucky for me, my friend knows his way around KL and he lead me to his home. I've driven around KL a bit while I studied there back in beginning 2007. So I knew how to get back from Sunway to TTDI. After driving around and getting use to shifting gears in the jam, the only thing during jams is that I fear the clutch would burn out. So, it was not that bad after all driving in KL. I actually liked it because I get to speed and the chances of a police siren wailing behind me is slim. Trust me guys, I'm not a speed hog because I'm a person who can't handle speed. When I mean speed, I meant accelerating to 110 kmh and staying there. Yes call me a pussy if you wished! But I just get nervous at high speeds and I'm too young to die.
The places where I know how to drive to is:
TTDI - One Utama - The Curve - Midvalley - Sunway Pyramid -SJ2? - Genting. Just around these general areas. Anything out of that I'm totally clueless and need reference to google maps. Well thats how I found my other friend's place and need to pay two tolls within the span of 5 minutes driving. LDP-SHAH ALAM HIGHWAY. Damn that place, friggin stupid design if you asked me.
Anyway, I drove quite alot while I was in KL because thats the only way to get around places. Without a car, it's like having no legs in KL. Even Ronnie said the same thing and he has trouble getting around KL even with a taxi because they don't wanna send him. Lucky for me, he stays close to my area, so picking him up wasn't much of a hassle. Pictures below is when we had a cooked up at his place one afternoon for lunch.
Ronnie's mixed crazy cocktail.And on that night we decided to drive up to Genting to have a smoke and a breath of fresh air. I know how contradicting that is. Of course inviting my elder bro up along with us because he is all too familiar with the road up to Genting. On the way up that night while I was driving up Genting, I saw this crazy SG driver driving up the bendy roads. He is lucky he owns a good Volvo, even IF he crashes into the ravine, there is still a possibility that he could still live. But the possibility of that is slim because there are so many crash barriers. But if he drives like that from SDK to KK. He will die for sure. It's a road not to reckon with. Genting is a really nice place to chill out, I'll give it 4.5/5 stars. Just going up there to have a smoke and starbucks is a great lifestyle, though smoking can kill I know, but like my previous post said. I'm a social smoker. I must admit, I did smoke quite a lot as a social smoker back when I was in Malaysia, but since I came back to Australia. I haven't been smoking at all. Needless to say, I just miss the chill-out sessions at Genting, I did that for the last 3 nights in KL before I headed back to Australia. Even on the night before the day of my departure. I came back and packed my bags, leaving me only about one hour to nap before the taxi came at 5am.

The leaves are starting to brown and gold, it's a sign time flies and winter is soon approaching.

No comments:
Post a Comment