I know some of you reading this are either non-believers or atheist. But mistake not, I'm not trying to convert you to believe in Christianity. This is basically just what I've experience, So just read on as a story.
I woke up at around 11:40 and read the news like an old uncle on Sunday morning only to realised time was catching up and I had to take my shower and I finished at 12.20pm. My initial plan was to wake up at 1130, and leave the house by 12.30 to catch the bus to the city, then catch another bus to church. But as you read, I wouldn't be in my scheduled time.
After my shower, while digging through my closet for a suitable shirt to wear, I was damn hoping my flatmate wouldn't come out and catch up with me because then, it may seem rude and anti-social while I'm in a rush.I said, God, I hope 'insert flatmate name here' won't come out and talk to me. And again, this is a story I haven't been posting or either that, just minimal doses of it. I went out to the living room and started to iron my shirt, and speaking about the devil, my flatmate came out and started talking to me. She talked non-stop while I tried to iron my clothes. That perhaps slowed me down for awhile.
Then after ironing my shirt, I took my stuff and left my house to the bus stop. I was thinking in my mind, man I might be late! and my church friend who was waiting for me at church said to meet up at 1.20pm, time was 12.52pm. I looked at the bus schedule and hoped the bus will come in 1 min or less, and by His grace it came within 20 secs. I hopped on the bus hoping I will not miss the connecting bus.
While the bus pass through one of the roads in the city I saw one of the two buses (109) that go to my church leaving the stop. And in my mind, great, I just missed it and that means waiting for another 15 minutes and it was 1.03pm. No way in the world I will be able to make it by 1.20pm. As the bus passed through the bus stop I was suppose to board the bus to church (route 109 or 412), I saw passengers boarding the 412 bus and it really shattered my confidence that I will make it on time.
As my bus was stopping at the other bus stop 150 m away, I saw a guy running towards the 412 bus and I followed suit, I ran across the road while the walking man traffic light was still red and managed to board the bus in the nick of time. Thanks to the guy who ran before me, if it wasn't for him. I would be dead late to meet up my church friend and also be late for my church classes.
Well, I guess God has His ways. All the time after I finished shower I was hoping even though I know I'm going to be late, but I will manage to get there on time which in the end I did. He blessed me a smooth journey to His house. Although it was a rush, I made it there safe and sound thanks to Him. Although most people would say that it was coincidental but I believe it was Him that blessed me this smooth journey. I have also experience many of His blessings and intervention but decide not to blog or talk about it but rather keep it to myself. But today onwards, I will blog out any of my encounters with God.
He lives amongs us, and the glory goes to Him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment