Friday, September 29, 2006

Morgan’s Law and something truthful.

Today, one of my friends back home caught up with me telling me there is this thing going on in my old school, but before I enlighten you more, let me tell you a bit of my ole’ times in school back home. Tissue paper, how many of us carried it around? Maybe not many I suppose. Well, I used to carry a packet of tissues in my pocket to keep in handy, to wipe my mouth, to use it for emergencies in the toilet, etc. First of all, my school does not provide toilet/tissue paper to the students because it would just be ridiculous. After lunch, I would normally take a piece out from the packaging and, when I’m just about to wipe the grease off my mouth, my friends would go, hey, can I have one too?

I would tear it into half and share it with that person. If in the situation where more than one of my friends asked for tissue, I would take one piece and tear it into two and give them half a piece each. You might think I’m being stingy, but think twice, is your mouth so big that it requires one whole piece just to wipe the grease off? Or you could do with half and help save the environment. So I’ve been doing that since form 2 to form 4, tearing the tissues into half and giving it to those in need. And I’ll just leave it there. Well, that was the history and now the enacting of the law. From what I heard, this ‘law’ has been going on from quite some time, also known as Morgan’s Law. Don’t ask me how my friends back home came up with this law. But Morgan’s Law is simply simple, it states, Tear ‘n Share. Tear the tissue into half and share it. My friends have since been doing it all the time. I’m not saying I’m proud of it, but it’s simply just weird to name something like that after my name. Nonetheless, I’m happy with it as long everyone is happy. For the matter of fact, I didn’t even know this was going on for quite some time until my friend popped up on MSN and told me.

Another question arises, then, haven’t I been giving free tissues to my friends all the times then you ask? Yes, I have been. But doesn’t that bother me that they are trying to exploit my free-giving-tissue frenzy? No it doesn’t. Is the sharing that counts, for what I believe what comes around goes around, there is no doubt that that is almost certified as a fact and not a speculation myth. You be kind to people, in return they’ll be kind to you too. Isn’t that just graceful and easy, be kind once or twice, or maybe twenty times, some day, people would look back and say, hey, that guy is really kind. I’ve asked a few favors from him and he hasn’t asked from me once. Maybe one day I should help him if he needs my help. Although, the first few times might drive you up the wall, but at the end of the day, you did a good deed and that matters, it’s called courteous behavior.

But sometimes it really puts you off doing good deeds for people all the time, because when you ask for their help, they’ll simply go – NO, and gives you some crappy reason which they think are reasonable. For the love of God, a small deed like that and one is not capable of doing so. That makes one pretty useless I must say. The worst feeling is when you have helped that person a few times, and when you asked for something small in return, that person just says, nah, it’s alright then. I don’t want it, or don’t feel like having it. Some people just take things for granted don’t they? It’s a shame that they do. At this age, you shouldn’t take things for granted; a favor is earned through respect. And respect is something not easily earned. Once you break it or tarnish it, you would have to work twice as hard to gain that certain amount of respect back.

But there is also forgiveness, what are you if you can’t forgive someone? Can’t forgive someone over a joke? Can’t forgive someone over something or rather? Does that make you a better man if you can’t forgive? A gentleman has to have a certain amount of tolerance. Forgive a man once, and he’ll forgive you twice. There is no point cursing and swearing over a dispute, and history has proven, you just got to handle things by discussing the issue and compromising and some things just got to be sacrificed for the better good. Is up to one on how to behave, but if you want to give a good impression to those around you. Do not act like a fool as if no one knows, and never ever take people around you for granted. Nobody likes to be used and tossed around like garbage, because nobody I believe, is at the level so low, to be treated like garbage.

1 comment:

Jie Yi said...

Where is my tissue? bleh! none of us i see in melb got theirs:P