Thursday, September 14, 2006

Weighing the Pros and Cons

After a discussion with my mom and eldest brother, I’ve thought of going to KL and do a twinning program after my Year 12. What’s in the world is going on? Nothing actually, I’m just leaving my options wide. I shall discuss the Pros and Cons of going back.

Pros


I will be thousand miles nearer to home. This means, my parents can visit me anytime, Vise versa.
Things are a lot cheaper back home compared to Australia. Spend more in the Malaysian economy- the better.
Good cheap food everyday. Don’t have to worry of getting sick and tired of the same food because I just won’t get sick of Malaysian food.
I’ll get my own apartment which I will share will my elder brother.
I will get a car.
Don’t have to worry about over spending and be strapped for cash because money arrives within 24 hours and don’t have to worry about exchange rates.
Tropical Climate
Can have pets and don’t have to worry about having it tagged or banned from the building.
Parents are able to spend quality time with me, especially during this growing up period. Because after that, time spent with parents will dwindle as I find my own ways of life.
Cheaper living costs.

Cons
Poor security in some areas in KL
Chances of getting rob compared to Australia is high.

Basically that is it. But I got ways to reduce the chances of being robbed, just hang out with a group where ever you go. Best if 3-4 people all the time. Don’t walk alone at night, or wait for taxis and buses alone. And I should be safe. I’ve come to a point in life where I realize how much I miss my family and wish I could be with them. Although, I’m kinda ‘used’ to living without them, but life is good back home. Things are cheap. No doubt about that. Education wise, what is there to lose? Even after you graduate and come back with an Australian degree, your pay would be the same as a local graduate. But that’s not the main point of this discussion, because I could always do a twinning program whereby, for example, I do two years in Malaysia and two years in some other country, and I graduate in that country, and hold that country’s certificate. So I’m 80% convinced of going back home after my Year 12. For those who read my blog, please leave a comment of what you think.

2 comments:

sibu angkau said...

Well,it's really up to you whether you want to stay in Melbourne return to Malaysia.My advice would be to talk to as much people who are studying in KL as possible.You will be able to get a bigger picture of life in KL.Talk to your bro and get a possible scenario of how you two will live and function together (etc:Who drives the car,where to stay and how far is that from school or town,food).I can recomend some of my friends who are doing twinning in KL now if you want.But personally I would want you to stay in Melbourne.The brotherhood needs you yo!

Anonymous said...

Gonna keep this short. Whatever your decision is, i think it's solely up to you. I came accross a saying that says "Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you want, but you can only spend it once."

Hah...not so short afterall, but what your intentions are to go back to KL I'm not sure. Is it because you want to be closer to home? Spend time with family more, realizing that every moment spent is a moment treasured?You do save a lot of money too, i think by furthering your studies to UK by twinning in Malaysia. But what makes me wonder is why did you further your studies to NZ in the first place then to Melbourne, only to go back to Malaysia to study... Though i think by going to UK, your degree would probably be more prestigious. Nevertheless you have settled in Melbourne, and there are Universities that are equally as good. It isn't the paper that you get at the end of the day, but the things you learn on the way, someone once said. Now it comes to the question ,what is it you want and why. Do you want a degree from UK, a degree from Australia or do you want to spend more time with family and be closer to home? Then again, if your argument is that you want to spend more time with family, then make sure you do come back to Sandakan after you've finished your studies , since all purposes and intent would be defeated if you practiced or worked overseas.

*Breathes* Ok, i just vomitted out some stuff from my head. Not gonna proof read it, but if... "saya tersilap, saya ingin mengucapkan maaf sekira telah tersinggung perasaan mana-mana pihak. Sekian terima kasih".

Haha Malaysia Boleh! :D