Thursday, October 09, 2008

Blonde cashier and the yobbo.

Let me tell you. Be always aware when you purchase stuff that you remember how much you gave, and how much change you are expecting to get back. However yesterday while I was at woolworths paying for the groceries I bought, I was damn sure I gave a red note $20 to the cashier because I gave the note with 2 hands. However assuming that she should give back the right change, I walked two steps and realized, something was not right. Waited for for her to finish serving one customer, and I went and approached her.

Morg: " Excuse me, I'm pretty sure I gave you 20 dollars just now. however this receipt says I gave you 10 dollars. Shouldn't I get back at least another 10?" (my purchase was 8 bucks)

Dumb blonde: "But the receipt says you gave me 10."

Morg: "If i'm not mistaken, I remember clearly I gave you a red note, and I gave it to you with two hands"

Dumb blonde *stares blankly* then gives me this. "I can count the till if you want."

Morg: " It's alright then, but I'm pretty sure I gave you 20 dollars."

Dumb blonde: "You sure?"

Morg: " Yeah.. okay"
While I was walking away shaking my head...

Dumb blonde: "Hey wait, if the till is over by 10 dollars tonight, I will give you a call tomorrow, may I have your contact details? "

Gave her my contact details suppose to get a call at 4pm today. But no phone call. Means she is really that blonde to can't even remember how much I gave her after one customer.

Sigh, nevermind. Lesson learnt, always remember how much you give and change expected after you read the total.

 

NEXT UP.

THE YOBBO!

While I was serving this customer and waiting for his bread to toast,

morg: "What salads are you after?"

Yobbo: "I'll like, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, capsicum and carrot and a couple of olives."

morg: " Sure."

Yobbo: "If you can remember it." *smirks*

morg: "..."

Showed it in his putt face I did. Then the yobbo and the manager had a chat.

Manager: "I would be leaving this Sunday back to New Zealand."

Yobbo: "Who will be managing this place? These guys?" (referring to my friend and I)

Manager: "Yeah it would be these guys."

Yobbo: "Then I better look for another place to go to then."

 

First of all. I find that crossing the limit of respecting another person. Secondly, that yobbo didn't have to say it out loud to the whole world.

I played this scenario over my head and thought of some replies if the manager and my boss was non existant.

 

1st Scenario

Manager: "I would be leaving this Sunday back to New Zealand."

Yobbo: "Who will be managing this place? These guys?" (referring to my friend and I)

Manager: "Yeah it would be these guys."

Yobbo: "Then I better look for another place to go to then."

Morg: " Maybe you should join the anti-racism march on Sunday. I'm sure you can learn something from it."

 

2nd Scenario

Manager: "I would be leaving this Sunday back to New Zealand."

Yobbo: "Who will be managing this place? These guys?" (referring to my friend and I)

Manager: "Yeah it would be these guys."

Yobbo: "Then I better look for another place to go to then."

Morg: "Good on you. I did not enjoy serving you at all. Piss off."

 

3rd Scenario

Manager: "I would be leaving this Sunday back to New Zealand."

Yobbo: "Who will be managing this place? These guys?" (referring to my friend and I)

Manager: "Yeah it would be these guys."

Yobbo: "Then I better look for another place to go to then."

Morg: "@#$@ you!, Subway doesn't need your business! now get out of here before I make YOU the sandwich."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's a potential fourth scenario:

Manager: "I would be leaving this Sunday back to New Zealand."

Yobbo: "Who will be managing this place? These guys?" (referring to my friend and I)

Manager: "Yeah it would be these guys."

Yobbo: "Then I better look for another place to go to then."

Morg: (turns to friend and smirks)"yobbo."

Morgan said...

HAHAHA. brendan. lol i should have pointed at him and say hey.. look a yob!

Ken. maybe two fillets up his arse too :P

Morgan said...

What the heck? i thought i left comments here. seems like it mysteriously disappeared!

Yeah denise.. these people are everywhere. we shud have more anti racism marches for THEM to participate in,